SPEAKER'S BIO: JAY SEEGERT
Education (Physics & Engineering)
After graduating from high school, I initially attended John Brown University, a Christian college in Arkansas to study Mechanical Engineering. Just after my junior year, I changed my major to Physics and transferred to the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater (John Brown did not offer Physics as a major). While attending UW-Whitewater, I was a member of Sigma-Pi-Sigma (National Physics Honor Society). I graduated in 1986 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Physics (UW-Whitewater) and an Associates of Science degree in Engineering Technology (John Brown University).
Personal Ministry Background
My initial interest in apologetics, especially creation science, began while attending UW-Whitewater in 1985, largely due to the fact that all of my professors were evolutionists, some were atheists, and they were all telling me I was wrong about most of what I believed. It was there that I wrote my first paper on creation science and gave my first lecture (to the university’s Physics Club).
Over the past 29 years, I have spoken in numerous churches, conferences, secular schools, Christian schools, universities and various other venues, with audiences ranging from 50 to over 5,000. Although my initial apologetics talks covered almost all aspects of the defense for the Christian faith, I am currently focusing on the authority and inspiration of Scripture. Since the Bible arguably gets attacked more for its creation account than any other area, I do cover that extensively, but the overall picture is always the authority of God's Word. Whether the question at hand is creation vs. evolution, abortion, same-sex marriage, etc., these are not core problems... they are simptoms of the bigger issue... the authority of the Bible.
- 2004-2006 - Served as the President of the Creation Science Society of Milwaukee.
- 2007 - Co-founded the Creation Education Center and moved into fulltime ministry, giving up my own successful computer programming business.
- 2007 - Awarded prestigious "Faithful Servant Award" by the Christian Stewardship Foundation, including a grant to the Creation Education Center.
- 2008-2010 - Adjunct national speaker for Creation Ministries International (in addition to my own full-time ministry).
- 2010 - Published my first book entitled “Let There Be Light” (sub-title: “Making Sense of the Creation/Evolution Controversy”)
- 2011 - Invited to be an Ambassador for Logos Research Associates
- 2011 - Invited to be a Broadcast Celebrity for The Third Rail (a project of the Biblical Worldview Broadcast Team)
- 2013 - Accepted offer to be a Board Member for Logos Research Associates
- 2013 - Approved as a Representative Speaker for Ratio Christi
- 2013 - First international engagements (British Columbia & Nassau, Bahamas)
- 2014 My book (Creation & Evolution: Compatible or in Conflict?) published by Master Books
- As of 2015, have spoken over 1,700 times in 34 different states and 3 countries.
- Currently serving as the Managing Director for the Creation Education Center (2007-present)
My wife (Amy) and I have been married 22 years. She has her own Interior Design Consultanting business and is currently pursuing her Masters in Christian Counseling. Our son, Taylor (19) is in college studying Accounting and our daughter, Tori (18) is also in college, studying Business Development.