SPEAKER'S BIO: JAY SEEGERT
After graduating from high school, I initially attended John Brown University, a Christian college in Arkansas to study Mechanical Engineering. Just after my junior year, I changed my major to Physics and transferred to the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater (John Brown did not offer Physics as a major). While attending UW-Whitewater, I was a member of Sigma-Pi-Sigma (National Physics Honor Society). I graduated in 1986 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Physics (UW-Whitewater) and an Associates of Science degree in Engineering Technology (John Brown University).
Personal Ministry Background
My initial interest in apologetics, especially creation science, began while attending UW-Whitewater in 1985, largely due to the fact that all of my professors were evolutionists and some were atheists. It was there that I wrote my first paper on creation science and gave my first lecture (to the university’s Physics Club).
Over the past 27 years, I have spoken in numerous churches, conferences (some where over 5,000 attended), secular schools, Christian schools, universities and various other venues. In addition to creation related topics, I have also spoken on: “The Existence of God”, “The Origin of the Bible”, “The Inspiration & Authority of the Bible”, “Alleged Errors/Contradictions of the Bible”, “Science & the Bible”, “Prophecy & the Bible”, “Jehovah's Witnesses”, “Mormonism”, “The Deity of Christ”, “Old Testament History”, and “Witnessing & Evangelism Training”.
- 2004-2006 - Served as the President of the Creation Science Society of Milwaukee.
- 2005 - Offered a fulltime position as a national speaker with Answers In Genesis (directed by Ken Ham), but after much prayer felt led to decline.
- 2007 - Co-founded the Creation Education Center and moved into fulltime ministry, giving up my own successful computer programming business.
- 2007 - Awarded the prestigious "Faithful Servant Award" by the Christian Stewardship Foundation which included a grant to the Creation Education Center.
- 2008-2010 - Adjunct national speaker for Creation Ministries International (in addition to my own full-time ministry).
- 2010 - Published my first book entitled “Let There Be Light” (sub-title: “Making Sense of the Creation/Evolution Controversy”)
- 2011 - Became an Ambassador for Logos Research Associates
- 2011 - Invited to be a Broadcast Celebrity for The Third Rail (a project of the Biblical Worldview Broadcast Team)
- 2013 - Became a Board Member for Logos Research Associates
- 2013 - Approved as a Representative Speaker for Ratio Christi
- 2013 - First international engagements (British Columbia & Nassau, Bahamas)
- As of 2013, has spoken over 1,300 times in 26 different states and three countries.
- Currently serving as the Co-Founder and Principal Lecturer for the Creation Education Center (2007-present)
Wife, Amy - married 20 years. Son, Taylor (17) and daughter, Tori (16). We have been members of Spring Creek Church (Pewaukee, WI) for 16 years and are supported as national missionaries.